Church Mission and Vision Statements
Mission Statement – To present everyone perfect in Christ, in dependence upon the Holy Spirit, we — worship God, fellowship in love as God’s family, make disciples, evangelize our community and the world, minister to the needs of our church family and the community– to the glory of God the Father. (Colossians 1:28)
1. Worship – Worshiping God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is our chief duty and highest calling both as individuals and as a body. (Matthew 22:37,28; John 4:23,24)
2. Fellowship – We relate with each other in love as members of God’s family to grow in our relationships with Christ and one another and attract others to do the same. (Matthew 22:39; Hebrews 10:24,25)
3. Discipleship – We teach and train others to be followers of Christ so that they will in turn teach and train others to be the same, with Scripture as our sole authority. (2 Timothy 2:2; Titus 2:1-10)
4. Evangelism – We share Christ in word and deed, both in our community and around the world, in obedience to the great commission. (Acts 1:8; Matthew 28:18-20)
5. Ministry – We serve both our church family and the community at large through the talents God has given us, and the gifts of the Holy Spirit for the building up of the body of Christ. (Ephesians 4: 11-16)
Vision Statement – It is our church’s vision to know Christ more intimately through worship and praise, and build one another up in love through prayer and fellowship; and that each of us will make Him known through discipleship, evangelism and ministry to our community in South Norfolk, Hampton Roads and the world, as individuals, families, groups and the church universal so that others will join us in our mission and vision.